Let us know by giving it a star rating
Christmas Jam - Instant Pot Strawberry Jam
Christmas Jam - the only edible DIY gift you need this season. This Instant Pot Strawberry Jam spiced with Christmas flavours is the easiest Jam recipe ever with no added pectin, no cornstarch or preservatives so sure enough to impress your friends and family.
Servings 2 cups
Basic Strawberry Jam Ingredients
- 2 lb Fresh Strawberries
- 2 cups Sugar
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
Spiced Christmas Jam
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Allspice powder
Wash, hull and slice the strawberries into halves or quarters. Add the strawberries, sugar and lemon juice to the inner pot, stir and let it macerate for 30 mins.
Meanwhile, you can wash the jars in hot water and let it air dry completely.
After 30 mins, close the lid, vent to sealing mode. Use the pressure cook button and set the timer to 3 mins. Allow depressurizing naturally (around 15 to 18 mins).
Once the pin drops, open the lid. The strawberries will be soft and well cooked and would be liquidy. Blitz using a handheld processor you can use a potato masher too if you like your jam to be a little bit chunkier.
Set to saute mode. Add the spices and stirring occasionally cook it down until you reach the jam consistency. This would take around 15 to 20 mins.
Do the jam test and once done, cancel the saute mode, allow it to cool before transferring into mason jars and storing. Or transfer to the jars immediately but still allow it to cool completely before putting the lid on.
Once you have macerated the berries, add everything to a saucepan and on a low heat cook until the sugar dissolves completely.
Then turn the heat high and bring it to a boil. Once boiled reduce the flame to medium and stirring continuously cook the jam to the desired consistency.
Make sure to dissolve the sugar completely before proceeding as the sugar might recrystallize upon cooling and would give an undesirable taste as well as you might find it difficult to set it completely.
- Since it is Winters in rest of the world and cranberries are in season, I highly recommend adding 250 gms of Cranberries along with Strawberries to make this Christmas Jam even more addictive.
- You can reduce the sugar and use 1.5 cups but I would not recommend as already we have reduced the quantity and I think it is perfect sweetness for a Jam.
- And yes you can definitely use frozen strawberries in place of fresh. Only thing is it takes 2 to 3 hours to thaw completely so instead of 30 mins Macernation time period you will have to wait for 2-3 hours.
- I have mentioned the pressure cooking timing considering the frozen berries as well. If you intend to make these with only fresh berries then even 1 min pressure cooking would be enough.
- Some of my friends are not a fan of bold flavoured Jam, so after step 4 I divided the cooked liquidy berries equally into two and made a plain Instant Pot Strawberry Jam version without adding any spices and an Instant Pot Christmas Jam version.
- If you also plan to make two variations of jams in one go like I did by dividing it once you have pressure cooked the strawberries then I would advise you to halve the spices too in that case for Christmas Jam. So for 1 lbs of strawberries, 125 gms of Cranberries (if using), 1 cup sugar use 1/4 tsp each ground cinnamon and ginger and 1/2 tsp All spice powder.
How to make Instant Pot Strawberry Jam:
- I followed all the steps till step 4.
- Then under Saute mode simply cook down the berries until it reaches the jam consistency without adding any spices.