Caramel Banana and Cottage Cheese Parfaits are not technically a parfait as it does not have a custard base neither yoghurt and nuts. But this is definitely one delicious layered desserts with bananas dunked in caramel sauce and topped with cottage cheese (i love paneer!!), vanilla ice-cream and finally with whipped cream.. ohhh now thats what I call a dessert!!!
Caramel Banana and Cottage Cheese Parfaits are a layered dessert with bites of banana, smoothness of paneer with chocolate melting in your mouth and the crunch from chocolate chips. And the cherry on the top is the caramel sauce.
Banana + Caramel + Chocolate + Paneer = one deadly combination.
Yet another dessert.. Wondering why did I make these Caramel Banana Parfaits?
Well I don't need a reason to make one though.. I love desserts!!
But today is special. Its my Mom's birthday.. Yeaaahhhh!!!!
I never realised the importance of her role until I became a mother myself. I feel bad for leaving her on all those days when she needed me the most. I guess thats how life is!! I can now totally relate her saying; "you will come to know one day when you will become a mom yourself"
You guys must check out the Barfi; its so simple that even a 7 year old can make it..
Even this Caramel Banana Parfaits are so simple; that you can involve your kids to help you out with the layering. In fact I think the whole dessert can be involved by kids as it has no cooking part to it.
Yes you heard it right.. No cooking desserts are what I love; easy to assemble but hearty and satisfying.
Isn't it a pretty looking dessert??
Banana is one of those fruits that I always and always have in my pantry. We enjoy it daily with our morning oats.
This dessert is pretty straight forward and easy to assemble.
All you have to do is dunk your bananas in caramel sauce. Beat cottage cheese until smooth and add chocolate to it. And then just assemble everything.
Now, even though Paneer and Cottage cheese are one and the same thing there is a difference in the final product. Paneer has all the moisture removed from it whereas the cottage cheese still have some water content in it and hence it is easier to beat it. You cannot use whole paneer cubes in this dessert.
You want the paneer before the overnight hanging stage (if you know how to make at home and understand what I am trying to say.. 🙂 )
So just buy cottage cheese from the market.. simple 😉
This caramel banana dessert can make 3-4 glasses depending on what you are using to serve.
Caramel Banana and Cottage Cheese Parfaits
- 1 cup caramel sauce
- 2 nos banana
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup melted dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp icing sugar (optional)
- vanilla ice-cream as needed
- whipped cream for topping
- few nos chocolate chips
- Slice the bananas into roundels and add half of it to the caramel sauce. Keep aside
- Beat the cottage cheese until creamy. Add chocolate sauce and icing sugar. Beat until combined. Load it to a piping bag.
- Add some chocolate chips to the bottom of the glass.
- Add bananas that are dunked in caramel sauce. About 2 tbsp or upto desired height.
- Use piping bag to add the cottage cheese mixture on top of caramel bananas for an even finish. (you can choose to spoon the mixture)
- Use the plain banana roundels to stick it to the sides of the glass forming a circle with a centre in between. (Refer the images above)
- Fill the centre with vanilla ice-cream
- Top it all with whipped cream and drizzle some caramel sauce.
2. I love dark chocolate so that is what I always use in my dessert; you can use milk chocolate if you like it more.
This dessert is inspired from Turban Tadka