Eggless Dates and Walnut Loaf Cake is a wholesome eggless and healthier cake that is made using Whole Wheat Flour and without adding refined sugar.
Eggless Dates and Walnut Loaf Cake is what I call a surprise cake!!
You know why??
A. It does not have any added sugar to it, yet perfect sweetened enough for a tea time cake.
B. This Eggless Dates and Walnut Cake is super soft, even though there are no eggs in it. (obviously, thats why its termed Eggless right.. 😉 stupid me)
C. Surprisingly moist cake. all thanks to dates.
D. A crumbly and nutty cake
E. Another element of surprise is that it hardly takes any preparation time. If you exclude the soaking part then it just needs 10 mins of your active mixing time that's it. Bake and enjoy.
So many a time I have made cookies in 15 mins but to bake a soft and moist cake with only 10 mins of prep time (exactly opposite to the Pistachio Loaf Cake that I baked sometime back) is something that I am in awe about even now.
If you are anything like me and really enjoy quick simple recipes then definitely check out my Microwave recipes on Youtube.
Wondering how do these Eggless Dates and Walnut Loaf Cake tastes?
Like I said its a soft and moist cake with soft crumbs.
The nuts add a great crunch and texture to the otherwise soft cake.
You literally won't be able to point out that no maida has been used in here. Plus this does not have any added refined sugar and no butter!! Well, wait... is that even a cake then?
But yes it is. A must try cake especially if you have kids at home.
Wondering what to do with leftover dates? Try our Peanut Butter Stuffed Dates recipe.
Here is the detailed recipe:
Eggless Dates and Walnut Loaf Cake
- 20-25 Dates pitted
- 1 + 1/4 cups Milk
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/3 cup Walnuts
- Soak the pitted dates in milk for around 3-4 hours until it becomes soft. Blend this to a smooth paste. (Do not add any extra liquid)
- To this dates milk paste add the oil and mix everything well.
- Meanwhile, sieve all the dry ingredients. Remove out 1 tbsp of the sieved flour to coat the walnuts so that they do not sink while baking. Add the rest of the flour to the wet ingredients in two batches and mix.
- Finally, add the walnuts and mix everything well.
- Transfer it to a prepared baking loaf tin and bake at 180°C for 35-40 mins
- Let it cool completely before slicing.
1.This easy and simple recipe is adapted from here.
2. Make sure to use pitted dates and also chop your walnuts to bite size pieces.
I hope you guys enjoyed today's post.
I will see you soon with yet another recipe