Craving dessert for breakfast?
This easy Instant Pot Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake in a Jar is all you need!! Crunchy cinnamon biscuit base topped with delicious cheesecake batter and layered with cinnamon roll buns filling goodness, this mini cheesecake in a jar makes a perfect portion-controlled dessert treat.
Is it too early to think of Fall?
When I moved to New Zealand, it is only then I realised how much I love and enjoy summers.. the fresh produce and juicy fruits and the long hours of daylight is just a blessing..
But honestly, Fall is the time that I think everyone around the world enjoys the most... When the temperatures are just right - not too hot nor too cold.. The time when cuddling up with a bowl of your favourite warm soup in your favourite corner of the house.. pure bliss..
Since we are dessert fans here, let us talk about all the Fall favourites - Caramel, Apples, Pumpkin and Cinnamon... ahhh that smell from baking fresh Apple Crisp.. enjoying the cosy corner with Pumpkin Custard.. And you guessed it right lot more fall dessert ideas coming up on the blog so do keep an eye..
Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake Ingredients
The unique thing about this Cinnamon Bun Cheesecake is that you get to have the taste of two desserts in one - Cinnamon Rolls plus Cheesecake. It is quite an interesting and simple cinnamon roll cheesecake recipe.
The base for our Cinnamon Cheesecake:
I have used our good old Digestive Biscuits as a base here.. Flavoured it up with cinnamon for the oomph factor.
You can, of course, use whatever you have handy. Graham Crackers are an all-time favourite base for any cheesecake.
One can also use some vanilla wafer biscuits as the base too.
Another interesting way of making this cinnamon roll bottom cheesecake is as it suggests using cinnamon rolls as the base.
Cheesecake with cinnamon roll crust sounds interesting right!!!
For the Cheesecake Batter:
It is a standard recipe here made using - Creamcheese, sugar, eggs and lemon juice.
Yes, you read it right!! Lemon Juice in place of sour cream which means no extra trip to the grocery store to buy that one ingredient which most of us forget to buy.. hehe.. plus lemon is much cheaper than sour cream so that's a win-win too..
The Cinnamon Roll Filling:
What makes this cheesecake so unique is this Cinnamon bun or Cinnamon Roll Filling..
Again a standard recipe - Brown Sugar, Cinnamon and Butter. The only difference being the addition of Flour here.
Flour is an essential ingredient here because it doesn't allow the butter to solidify when kept in the fridge during the chilling hours. And I promise there is absolutely no compromise in the taste with the addition of flour.
Why I love these Instant Pot mini Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake recipe?
- The biggest advantage of cinnamon roll cheesecake instant pot is that there is no need to worry about water baths.. Unlike a traditional cheesecake made in the oven, this is pretty easy as the magic pot takes care of all the temperature setting.
- Technically a portion-controlled recipe 😉 Well I won't judge you if you had 2 or 3 mini jars 😀
- Saves your time.. yes I mean it.. if you had to make this cheesecake in a springform pan it would take nearly 45 to 50 mins (I did try this recipe first in a 6-inch cheesecake pan and it took me 50 mins to make it) whereas in the mason jars you just need 4 mins of cook time 😀
- Fewer resources - again when I made this recipe for the first time in a regular cake pan I almost doubled up the recipe so I used 16 oz cream cheese as an example whereas in this case you just need 8 oz.
- No need to worry about dry cheesecakes or cracked top - I will have to give the credit to Instant Pot for this as it is truly a magic pot which takes care of these common cheesecake errors.
Well, now that I talked about all the advantages, I do have to mention one single disadvantage here or else it won't be fair.. 😀
So the one thing that I believe most of you won't like is the prep time to make individual jars.. Apart from layering the crust individually in each jar there is also an additional step here of adding the cinnamon roll filling in the centre..
Hmmm so it would definitely take some of your time to prepare these mini jars but it is totally worth it.. I absolutely love the layering effect in the jars.
Tips to make a perfect Cinnamon Cheesecake jars in a step by step format:
Step 1: Base for the Cheesecake
Simply pulse together digestive biscuits or graham crackers until fine crumbs. Add in the cinnamon powder and melted butter and pulse to resemble wet sand-like texture which holds together when pressed in your palms.
Divide the crumbs evenly between 7 jars and press it to line the base.
Chill in the fridge for 15 mins.
- Using cinnamon flavoured biscuits would eliminate the need of adding cinnamon powder to the biscuit base.
- You can also make this easy cinnamon roll cheesecake with cinnamon rolls as the base too.
Step 2: Cinnamon Roll Filling
Mix together brown sugar, cinnamon powder and flour until combined. Add the melted butter and mix until it is crumbly in texture. Set aside
If you feel that the texture is not crumbly but rather sticky then add 1-2 tbsp additional flour to make it crumbly in texture.
Step 3: Cheesecake Batter:
In a bowl, combine together eggs, lemon juice and vanilla essence. Set aside.
Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, cream the cream cheese until creamy. Add in the sugar and beat until the sugar is dissolved and combined with the cream cheese.
Add the egg mixture in two batches and combine until just mixed. Do not overbeat.
- I know you might have become bored by now but I need to say this as its the most important step or tip. 😀 Make sure that all your ingredients are at room temperature.
- Do not overbeat the batter once you add eggs. You do not want to incorporate air into the batter so just mix until the eggs are combined.
- It is also recommended to use icing sugar or caster sugar as these tend to dissolve faster with the cream cheese compared to the granulated sugar.
Step 4: Assembling the Mini Cheesecake Jars:
Add 2 tbsp of cheesecake batter. Add a layer of prepared cinnamon roll filling followed by 2 tbsp of cheesecake batter.
To the Instant Pot add 2 cups of water using the cup that came along with the pot. Place the trivet and arrange the jars on top of the trivet.
Close the lid. Vent to sealing position and set the timer to 4 mins using the Manual or Pressure Cook mode. Allow depressurizing naturally around 15 mins.
Take the jars out and let it sit at room temperature for around 20 mins and then chill in the fridge for 2-4 hours to set completely.
- It is necessary to bring the jars to room temperature first before chilling it in the fridge for 2-4 hours.
- The jars that I have used here are tall so I could not stack all 7 jars in one go but if you use any regular 4 oz mason jars you can stack all the 7 jars at one go.
Where can I find these Jars
I live in New Zealand and I got mine from local stores.
But these are available on Amazon - Quattro Stagioni (thats the same brand I am using).
How to make cinnamon roll cheesecake
Instant Pot Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake
Base for the cheesecake
- 3/4 cup Digestive Biscuits or Graham Crackers crumbs
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon powder
- 2 tbsp Melted Butter
Cinnamon Roll Filling
- 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon Powder
- 2 tbsp Melted butter
- 300 gms Cream Cheese
- 130 gms Caster sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 40 gms Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Pulse together the biscuit crumbs, cinnamon powder and melted butter until it resembles wet sand and holds its shape when pressed in the palms.
- Divide the crumbs evenly between 7 mason jars and press it down until tight and firm.
- Chill in the fridge until needed or 15 mins.
- Combine together the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon powder.
- Add the melted butter and mix until it forms crumbs. Set aside
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs, lemon juice and vanilla essence. Set aside.
- Onto a separate bowl using a stand mixer or hand mixer cream the softened cream cheese until creamy. Add the sugar and beat until sugar is dissolved and combined with the cream cheese.
- Add the eggs in two stages and mix until it is just combined. Do not overbeat.
- Pour 2 tbsp of cheesecake batter onto the mason jars.
- Top it with a layer of cinnamon roll filling crumbs.
- Pour another 2 tbsp of cheesecake batter on top so that the cinnamon roll filling is actually sandwiched between the cheesecake batter.
- Loosely cover with the lid.
- Add 2 cups of water to the instant pot using the cup that came along with it. Place the trivet and 5 jars. (Since my jars were tall I could not stack them one above the other but if you use 4 oz mason jars you can do 8 jars in one go).
- Close the lid. Valve to sealing position. Using the manual or pressure cook button set the timer to 4 mins.
- Allow to depressurize naturally and once the pin goes down take the jars out and place it at room temperature for 20 mins, then chill for further 2-4 hours until completely set.
- Once set top it with some whipped cream or cream cheese frosting and dust some cinnamon powder on top.
- Feel free to use any biscuit as your base. If you use cinnamon flavoured crackers or biscuits you can miss the cinnamon powder mentioned in the ingredients list.
- If you find it tiresome to layer the cinnamon filling in between the cheesecake batter then, to the biscuit layer add 4 tbsp of cheesecake batter and top it with the crumbs to save time.
- Make sure to use room temperature ingredients.
Where can I find these cute jars?This is one question that I was asked a number of times when I first shared the Instant Pot Mint Choco-chip Cheesecake so here is the answer for all of you. I live in New Zealand and got it from a local store here. These are available in Amazon under the brand name Quattro Stagioni. I must say these are little expensive on Amazon so instead you can use any 4oz mason jars that is easily available elsewhere.
If you are dreaming about all things Fall then definitely consider this on the top..
Crunchy cinnamon biscuit base topped with delicious cheesecake batter and layered with cinnamon roll buns filling goodness this mini cheesecake in a jar makes a perfect portion-controlled dessert treat.
Made in mini jars these make delicious desserts treats or a perfect handmade gift for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Talking about gifts you must also check the other festive flavour - PEPPERMINT CHEESECAKE in a jar that I had shared a few months back.
Follow my Instant Pot Desserts board for amazing ideas from all around the web.
Read all about the crumble topping.
I will see you soon with yet another recipe.