Indian Butterscotch Ice Cream is one of those flavours that is relished and cherished by one and all from little ones to adults.
Indian Butterscotch Ice Cream is just perfect to go along with this hot weather.
Butterscotch flavour is something that we all Indians are really fond of. I am not very sure what connection we have it with that particular flavour but there is something in it that just makes us go mmmmmmmm.... Don't you all agree?
Well making this Indian Butterscotch Ice Cream is rather pretty easy. It just needs 3 steps which include
1. Making the Butterscotch Sauce
2. The praline and finally
3. Ice Cream Base.
When I had made Butterscotch Peda for Diwali; I had then shared how simple and easy it is to make Butterscotch Sauce at home. Just needs 5 mins of your time.
So you can choose to either make the sauce at home or just buy it from the shop.
And the same goes with the Praline. I have shared before in my Toffee Cookies recipe on how to make it, so you can check that post for the recipe.
The only thing that you need to note while making both the sauce and praline for this particular Indian Butterscotch Ice Cream is to just halve the recipe ingredients mentioned in there.
Since you are using the butterscotch essence in this recipe; you can actually skip making the sauce if you want to but then it adds flavour to our ice-cream.
But no matter what do not skip the praline. That's a crucial part. Rather you can also buy the readymade butterscotch chips easily available in the market if you do not want to make it at home.
Kids will absolutely love this. I understand its summers and you do not wish to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. So I have this Instant Ice Cream recipe just perfect for you.
And since it is mango season you must definitely check out my Easy Mango Ice Cream in Chocolate Cups with edible chocolate leaves. (A hot selling post from my blog 🙂 )
So here is the detailed recipe for No Churn Indian Butterscotch Ice Cream
No Churn Indian Butterscotch Ice Cream
- 2 cups Cream (refer notes)
- 1/2 tin Condensed Milk
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Butterscotch Essence
- 1 tbsp Butterscotch Sauce (refer notes)
- Praline (refer notes)
- a drop of yellow food colour (optional)
- Prepare the butterscotch sauce and praline as instructed in the notes.
- Whip the cream until stiff peaks form.
- To this add the milk, condensed milk, butterscotch essence and sauce. Again beat with the help of beater until well combined.
- Crush the praline to a powder form in a mortar pestle (refer the video for texture). Add this to the ice cream base and combine.
- Cling wrap it in a way that the cling wrap touches the ice cream base to avoid the formation of skin on top and also the ice crystals.
- Pour the prepared ice cream base into a freezer safe container and freeze it overnight. Next day before serving let it soften a bit at room temperature say around 10 mins prior to serving remove it from the freezer and let it sit on the counter until softened.
1. Here is the recipe for butterscotch sauce and praline. The only changes that you have to make is simple; halve the original recipe. So for eg: if the recipe says 1 cup sugar then use just 1/2 cup for this Indian Butterscotch Ice Cream recipe.
2. I have used dairy whipping cream for this recipe; if possible you also use the same.
If you like today's recipe then do let me know by tagging me, tweeting me or instagram me. I would love to follow you and your posts.
I will see you soon with yet another recipe
I cant find Indian butterscotch essence in the US !
Please help !
sushma iyer says
sorry about that.. but without butterscotch essence, you won't get the smell nor flavour to this recipe.. maybe you can ask someone visiting from India to get it for you or buy it yourself the next time you visit India.
Hi. Abilasha ,
You can get through amazon. By the way I tried your b.s cake recipe. It was an amazing one going straight to my saved recipe note. 😊😊.
sushma iyer says
That's is amazing Uma.. so glad to know that you liked the recipe.. Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us.. truly appreciate it <3
Which Butterscotch essence did u get from amazon in the US? Can you please post the link here ? Thanks