Rose Coconut Laddu – A classic combination of rose and cardamom made in the form of laddu for this festive season.
Rose Coconut Laddu is by far the most easiest recipe I have made. Yes I have made simple recipes like this 3 ingredient Chocolate Pudding or 3 ingredient Eggless Nutella Cookies.
But this Rose Coconut Laddu recipe is so easy that all you need is
1. 3 minutes of your time
2. No cooking involved whatsoever
4. Can be made with ‘n’ no.of flavours.
Yes you got the hint – Paan Coconut Laddu is up next so keep an eye.. 😉
This Rose Coconut Laddu is inspired by my No cook Instant Barfi.. Well actually there is not much difference between the two recipes..
This is ofcourse a flavoured one and thats plain.
I am always in the lookout for simple and quick recipes; what could be better than a laddu for this festive season.
Rose Coconut Laddu as the name suggests is basically a coconut laddu flavoured with rose water. Instead of rose water you can also use rose syrup or even Rooh-Afza.
Some flavours are like a match made in heaven like Apple and cinnamon; Blueberry and lemon; so is this Rose and Cardamom. Its such an aromatic combination. We absolutely loved it.
I have used desiccated coconut but you can also use fresh coconut in this recipe.
This is an instant no cook recipe; so if you use fresh coconut then you might have to roast it a bit on the gas stop to remove the moisture or you can use it directly also but grease your hand really well with ghee to avoid the coconut sticking to your hands.
Rose Coconut Laddu
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 tin condensed milk
- 1.5 tbsp rose water
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- pinch of red food colour
- ghee for greasing your palms
- shredded coconut and rose petals for garnishing
- In a bowl, combine together coconut, condensed milk, rose water and cardamom powder and mix until everything comes together.
- Grease your hands with some ghee; take small portion out of the above mixture and roll it in between your palms to make roundels or balls or what we call laddu.
- Spread some coconut and rose petals onto a tray. Once all the mix is used up, roll them up in the coconut mix to coat the balls.
- No need to refrigerate them. The coconut laddus are ready to be served
1. You can use rose syrup or Rooh Afza instead of rose water.
2. If you are using fresh coconut you may want to roast it for a minute or so however this step can be skipped too.
I will see you in yet another post