Strawberry Peda is the perfect way to use up season's most favourite fruit - Strawberries!!!
This Strawberry Peda is a smooth, little bit chewy and nutty.. Of course, the strawberries add in a lot of juiciness and moistness to this peda.
I made this to celebrate New Year. There is a saying in India; that is to start any new things or any important work by eating sweets. So how can I not make one for New Year.
We celebrated New Year with this special South Indian style Thali. Hope you had a look the video.
Actually the first time I made this Strawberry Peda I used around 1/3 cup of desiccated coconut. And when I tasted it I felt that the coconut was over-powering the strawberry flavour.
So I made one more batch of it with just 2 tbsp of coconut and I found that there was a balanced taste.
You can, however, adjust the coconut as per the mood and taste. And name this as Strawberry Coconut Peda.
Also if you find Strawberry essence in your local store then definitely use 1/2 tsp of it in this Strawberry Peda.. that would add a wonderful flavour and smell to it.
This Strawberry Peda is inspired by my previous post on Butterscotch Peda which I made during Diwali celebrations.
I just love Indian festivals, gives us so many reasons to celebrate. Do you like it too?
Unlike many other Indian sweets, this Strawberry Peda does not require much care and attention.
Due to the cornstarch and Rava used this Peda comes together very quickly.
If you have been following me for a while then from my previous posts like this Milk Powder Burfi, Instant Burfi and 3 mins Laddoo you might have guessed that I am a sucker for quick jhatpat recipes..
But otherwise, I am happy to make this Strawberry Peda kind of recipes that are quick and easy to put together.
What do you prefer? Let me know by commenting..
So here is the detailed recipe:
Strawberry Peda | Strawberry Coconut Peda
- 200 gms Strawberry Chopped
- 1.5 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1/2 cup Warm milk
- 1 cup Milk Powder
- 1/2 cup Almond Powder
- 2 tbsp Roasted Rava
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp dessicated coconut (optional)
- In a saucepan, take the strawberries, sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice. Cook on medium flame until the strawberries soften and the mixture thickens about 5 mins. Switch off the gas and keep aside
- In a pan, heat up the ghee. Once the ghee melts, switch off the gas and add the warm milk.
- Mix and add the milk powder, almond powder, rava and coconut if using. Stir to combine.
- Switch on the gas and cook to thicken about 3 mins. Add the sugar and cook until it thickens once again another 5 -6 mins.
- Finally, add in the prepared strawberry compote and mix everything up well. Add a drop of food colouring if you wish to.
- The whole peda won't take more than 10-15 mins to come together. Once it is thickened enough; just like a dough transfer it to a greased plate and allow it to cool a bit about 30 mins.
- Grease your hands with some ghee and start making pedas out of it. (Refer video).
- Make some indentation with your fingers and add chopped pistachios to it. Let it air dry for another 1 to 2 hours and you are ready to enjoy them.. <3
1.If you use warm milk then making this Butterscotch Peda would be quicker as the rava will absorb all the moisture faster. You can, however, use room temperature milk too if you wish.
2. For making almond powder just grind some blanched almonds coarsely. You can also use cashew nut powder here.
3. You can use readymade roasted rava or dry roast rava till it turns pink and use.
I hope you give this simple yet delicious Strawberry Peda a try.
I will see you soon with yet another recipe