Pistachio Loaf Cake is a soft and delicious, buttery, not so sweet, flavoured with pistachios tea time sort of cake.
Pistachio Loaf Cake and my favourite Chai or Tea is one perfect combination that would make your evening time even better.
What makes this Pistachio Loaf Cake stand out?
Well one it follows the mechanical aeration method thereby incorporating lots of air in the batter which makes it airy and soft.
Two I just love nuts and pistachios no wait hazelnut is my favourite.. well actually be it any nut I think it makes the food tastes even better by lending its own flavour and texture.
Three That green colour makes everything look so wonderful.. 😀
What kind of cake do you guys prefer??
I like the Pound Cakes or to say this kind of Pistachio Loaf Cake.
What do you prefer? Comment below and let me know.
I have also shared a Beetroot Chocolate Loaf if you guys wish to check out.
Tips on baking a Cake:
1. If you check my Pistachio Loaf Cake video you might have observed that the batter curdled when I added my last set of egg that is because of the excess liquid added and it did not had enough air pockets to sit. So it curdled.
To fix it I just added 2 tsp of weighed out flour which helped the batter to get in the right consistency.
2. Second tip that I could share here is that my cake started browning a lot on the top so I just placed a parchment paper on top of the cake after 30 mins to prevent it from colouring a lot.
A soft and delicious Pistachio Loaf Cake is one perfect bake for your weekends. You have to try this cake atleast once.
If you enjoy tea cakes then this is the one for you.
Its a buttery not so sweet kind of cake which is perfect for your evening tea or even kids lunch box.
Here is the detailed recipe for you guys..
Pistachio Loaf Cake - A buttery, soft and delicious cake perfect for your tea time or even kids lunch box.
- 180 gms Butter conditioned or softened
- 225 gms Sugar
- 4 no Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 125 gms Pistachio Flour (Refer Notes)
- 50 gms Almond Flour (Refer Notes)
- 75 gms All purpose Flour
- 5 gms Corn Flour
- 2 gms Baking Powder
- pinch of salt
- drop of green food colouring.
Cream the butter and sugar until light, fluffy and pale in colour. This would take around 10-15 mins.
Add one egg at a time, blend well and scrape the bowl after each addition.
Along with the last addition of egg, add in the vanilla extract and drop of food colouring. Combine together and scrape the bowl one last time.
To this add in your nut flours and combine.
When the nut flours are almost mixed, sieve together all purpose flour, baking powder, cornflour and salt into the bowl.
Combine everything until just mixed. Transfer to the greased loaf pan lined with parchment and bake in a preheated oven of 160°C for 35-45 mins.
1. To make the Pistachio and Almond Flour at home; roast the nuts a little and then grind into fine powder. Do remember to blanch the almonds too. Or else you can use roasted flour from the shops too.
2. If by adding the eggs your mixture curdles then just 2 tsp of flour and proceed there is nothing to worry. Or to avoid this you can add the last egg in two stages.
3. If your cake starts browning a lot then place a parchment paper on top to stop it from discolouring.
4. I had roasted my nuts a minute longer due to which I lost the vibrant green colour of the pistachio and hence had to add green food colour. However I have made this cake even before without the colour and it has turned out with the same green colour.. 🙂
See you soon