Eggless Pineapple Cake; fresh, juicy and moist!!!
Light and airy pineapple flavoured whipped cream; topped with some homemade pineapple compote, tutti-fruity, chocolate chips and fresh pineapple pieces sandwiched between soft and spongy pineapple flavoured eggless cake is one ultimate summer cake goals.
Eggless Pineapple Cake reminds me of all the tropical flavours in every single bite.
Fresh, moist and juicy this homemade Eggless Pineapple Cake from scratch is to die for!!! A simple cake recipe with that whipped cream frosting (or just with cool whip) makes it perfect for your summer parties or brunch.
Come summers and all I crave for is fresh summery fruits that calls my name everytime I pass through the market. Be it mangoes, berries, watermelon or pineapple. I absolutely crave for juicy fruits!! And how can I let a summer pass without making pineapple desserts.. 😀
One of the other pineapple dessert recipes, that I would highly, highly recommend to you guys is this No Bake Pineapple Cheesecake. The flavour of this cheesecake is just mind-blowing; I insist you have to check it out.
Or don't forget to make yourself a pineapple coconut cake. Check out the notes section for the recipe.
Or bake yourself a pineapple upside down cake. Do let me know if you would like to have a blog post that is the recipe for the same.
I wonder why do people call this Eggless Pineapple Cake as Pineapple Pastry?
A pastry is totally different from a cake in terms of recipe, looks, taste just everything. Common pastry dishes include pies, tarts, quiches and pasties. I started with examples so it is kind of easy to explain.
A pastry dough basically has flour and fat in the solid form. You can read more about it in my Mango Tart post.
Just because you used butter for making your cake; does not make it a pastry. Or just because you made some clean square or rectange slices you cannot call it a pastry. Even the famous Opera Cake which is sliced and served in a beautiful rectangle slice with amazing different layers is not called a pastry right!!
You may ask why have I named the title as Pineapple Pastry?
Well, since some of you might relate this cake flavour to the beautiful cakes and pastries from a bakery counter and hence named it so. This Eggless Pineapple Cake tastes exactly like the one from a bakery shop.
Since I made this Eggless Pineapple Cake on a SpiceNFlavors community member request I sliced the cake into two layers but if I had to make it for a commercial order or as a birthday or anniversary cake I would have definitely sliced it to get three layers.
The cake basically has:
1. Soft and spongy Eggless Cake base layer
2. Whipped Cream Frosting
3. Followed by Add-ons
4. And final stabilized whipped cream frosting.
Here is a step by step recipe tutorial on how to make Eggless Pineapple Cake at home in 5 simple steps.
(Now you too can boost amongst your friends and family for making a perfect bakery style cake.. 😉
Bake the base layer - Pineapple Layered Cake and (once it cools completely) divide it into two.
I have used the simplest cake base recipe ever - Eggless Vanilla Cake (no milk powder, condensed milk or any dairy product for that matter).
However, in place of vanilla essence, I have used Pineapple Essence and also added 4 drops of yellow food colouring for that beautiful colour.
Soaking the cake layer
This is the most important and secret step to make Moist Eggless Pineapple Cake. Not only this cake but also for any other cake layer; definitely follow this step never skip it.
Using the homemade pineapple sugar syrup (which is basically equal amounts of water and sugar, small piece of cinnamon stick and a slice of pineapple) soak the cake really well especially the corners.
Pineapple flavoured Whipped Cream Frosting
Add in a big dollop of whipped cream frosting and spread it out all through the cake.
Add-ons for texture:
Add the prepared homemade pineaple compote, some tutti fruity, chocolate chips and fresh pineapple pieces to give the cake a nice texture.
Crumb Coat and Final Frosting:
Using the same whipped cream frosting crumb coat the cake and let it sit in the fridge for a minimum of 30 mins.
But for the final frosting I have used this Stabilized Whipped Cream Frosting; a recipe that I shared in my last post with you guys for that smooth finish and stiff decorations.
So thats how simple it is to make a fresh, juicy and moist Eggless Pineapple Cake.
Here is the detailed recipe for you guys:
Moist Eggless Pineapple Cake
Eggless Pineapple Cake Base - refer notes
Pineapple Sugar Syrup
- 30 gms Sugar
- 30 ml Water
- a small piece of cinnamon stick
- 1 no Pineapple Slice
Whipped Cream Frosting
- 150 ml Whipping Cream
- 35 gms Icing Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Pineapple Essence
- 1/2 can Crushed Pineapple
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Custard Powder (refer notes)
- 1/2 tsp Pineapple Essence
Add ons - Tutti Fruity, Chocolate chips and Pineapple pieces
Stabilized Whipped Cream Frosting - refer notes
Pineapple Sugar Syrup
- Take all the ingredients mentioned under the pineapple sugar syrup column in a saucepan. Mix and cook it until the sugar dissolves. That's it no need to boil it. Transfer to a bowl and let it cool completely.
Whipped Cream Frosting
- Take the whipping cream and pineapple essence in a big bowl. Whipping continuously add in the the icing sugar little by little until you get stiff peaks.
- Take the crushed pineapple along with its juice in a saucepan.
- Once it starts simmering add in the sugar. Mix and add in the custard slurry (That is, dissolve the custard powder in 2 tbsp water and use) and cook until the mixture thickens.
- Transfer it to a bowl. Add pineapple essence. Mix. Cling wrap and allow it to cool too.
- Once the cake is cooled completely, divide it into two layers
- Soak the cake well with pineapple sugar syrup especially the corners of the cake.
- Add in two big dollops of whipped cream frosting and spread it all through the cake to get an even layer.
- Next, add the pineapple compote and spread it through too.
- Time for the add-ons - tutti fruity, chocolate chips and pineapple pieces.
- Again add two big dollops of whipped cream frosting and spread it through so that the add-ons stays in place.
- Soak the second sponge layer with sugar syrup and place it on top of the cream. (refer video for a clear idea). Crumb coat the cake with the remaining frosting and let it sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 mins.
- Finally, with the stabilized whipped cream frosting ice and decorate the cake as you like. Let it chill for another 30 mins before slicing and enjoying.
1. For my base I have used this Eggless Vanilla Cake recipe without condensed milk, butter, milk or milkpowder. In short Vegan Vanilla Cake. Just substituted the vanilla essence with equal amount of pineapple essence. Also added 4 drops of yellow food colour to get that gorgeous yellow coloured base.
2. Pineapple Compote: In place of custard powder mentioned in the recipe you can also use cornflour. But custard powder gives a nice taste and flavour to the compote.
3. For the final frosting I have used the Stabilized Whipped Cream about which I had talked about in depth in my previous post. The ingredient quantity mentioned in that recipe is perfect enough to frost this entire 6 inch cake.
4. In place of adding yellow food colour to the cake base you can also choose to add it to the whipped cream frosting. I went for the yellow-white-yellow look if you know what I mean. 😀
5. In the recipe I have used tinned crushed pineapple but if you do not find the ready-made version in your city then what you can do is take 1 cup of chopped pineapple, blend it coarsely in your mixer jar. Add it to the saucepan and follow the rest of the steps mentioned in the recipe.
By the way, you can use this same recipe and make a pineapple coconut cake; which is an all time popular recipe. To make this the few tweaks you need to make is:
1. In your whipped cream frosting, both that is inside and outside the cake add coconut essence in place of pineapple.
2. Along with the add ons, add in a layer of dessicated coconut in between.
And thats pretty much.. you have your cake ready.
Do let me know if you would like to see the recipe for Pineapple Upside Down Cake on the blog too.
And we loved this cake so much so that, my husband asked me to make one to take to his office and share it with his colleagues. And so I made another one the following day and thats exactly what you can see in my Pin image. Do you like the writing on that cake? If yes then I have these amazing 6 tips and tricks on how to write on cakes without icing. Do check it out; you would absolutely love it.
So thats how simple it is to make an Eggless Pineapple Cake at home. Do not buy pineapple crush from the stores add it to your cake and call it Homemade Pineapple Cake instead follow these simple steps to get a more flavour packed and real fresh pineapple cake.
I will see you soon with yet another recipe